How about a pizza roll, it seems like it is also called a stromboli 🙂 I learned something new today 😉
I saw a picture on Pinterest and I was intrigued to make it. I don´t really know what to do without Pinterest, it´s like a huge cookbook and a fantastic source of inspiration.
Gather your favourite ingredients and let´s get cooking. Here is what I used:
Preheat oven to 400 F
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- as many slices of salami/pepperoni to cover the dough
- 1,5 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- handful of grape tomatoes and olives
- 6 slices of pre-cooked bacon
- 1 eggwhite (for the top of the dough)
Roll the dough out, add the ingredients, roll it up, egg wash it and put it in the oven for 20 -25 minutes. Easy, isn´t it?
I really enjoyed making this.
It was really delicious. But just as with pizza, it is not easy to heat up and it doesn´t taste the same the next day. I suggest you eat it all or only use half the pizza dough at once.