Last night when I was making my favourite potato – beet salad for my dear friend, I realized I haven´t even blogged about it! I couldn´t believe it! I felt pretty bad about it 🙂 But mistakes are for correcting so here is the best beet – potato salad 😉
Ingrdients, for 4 servings
2 medium beets
5 medium potatoes
3 medium carrots
Half a cucumber
Can of corn
2 tablespoon veganese or mayonnaise
2 tablespoonfuls of sour cream
If you are not vegan or vegetarian, you can also add chicken, wieners or any meat you like. I usually like to add some boiled chicken but not this time!
1. Boil potatoes with skin on the previous night. Usually takes about 20 – 25 min of boiling. Check after 20 minutes with the fork if potatoes are soft. Put into fridge overnight
2. Boil beets. I boil them whole with skin on. This takes a couple of hours. Best is to buy boiled beets if you are in a hurry.
3. Boil peeled carrots.
4. When you are ready to make your salad cut beets (peeled), potatoes (peeled), carrots, cucumber into cubes, put into a large bowl. Add can of corn. Mix.
5. Add about 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix good.
6. Add 2 big tablespoonsfuls of veganese/mayo and 2 big spoonfuls of sour cream. Mix
7. Taste! If it needs more salt or veganese, add some more.