Because it’s Fall, I have more of an appetite, so in order to eat more I had to find a recipe that has less calories. Makes sense, right? Also to have a guilt free snack in the afternoon!
Lately it has been very clear to me that I can’t miss out on dessert. I need to have a dessert after dinner – cake, muffin, fruit, ice-cream, chocolate bars and so on.
This is a crazy simple and awesome recipe that I put together for my own needs and liking. I have done this 3 times now and every time I have played with different ingredients. It’s fun! It’s a no milk, no egg yolks, no flour kinda recipe!
This is a very basic recipe, you can substitute any fruits but I like apple and banana. First time instead of apples I used prune sauce. I mean, I will use whatever I have at home!
1 teaspoon flax and chia seed mix
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 big ripe bananas
1 big apple
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar *this is optional, Rob likes it with sugar, I prefer them without
Sometimes I add chocolate chips!
I believe without the sugar, one muffin is probably less than 100 calories 😉
Preheat oven to 400 F.
1. Grind rolled oats into flour like powder and put in a mixing bowl. *I used stand mixer
2. Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, flax and chia seeds. Mix well.
3. Crush bananas and shred apples. *I use hand blender to do so
4. Add banana/apple mixture, 2 egg whites and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
5. Spray muffin tin with non stick cooking spray and add the batter. Bake 15 – 18 min or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
*Yesterday started my week with fruits and vegetables, which means I only eat fruits and vegetables for a week for detoxing purposes 🙂 Let´s see how that goes!