This is my last post before we go to Europe. That’s when I start posting delicious French cuisine images, if I have time I mean 😉 So much to see in Paris! So exciting. I know I won’t be eating any frog legs, I just find it so disturbing. Like I find disturbing to eat rabbit meat…how can you eat something so cute. And I do find frogs very cute!
Last night Rob came home from a week long trip from Orlando and I wanted to make something special. I decided to make a vegetable (spinach) pie.
1 cup of flour
100 g (0,4 cup) potato flakes
1 tsp baking powder
0,5 tsp salt
125 g butter
150 g frozen spinach (frozen because it´s easier to crush it)
For the filling
2 cloves garlic
200 g broccoli florets
200 g Feta
200 ml 10 % cream
1 tablespoon flour
1 tsp salt
10 little tomatoes
150 g cheese, I used marble
1. Mix all the dry stuff together for the crust, add room temperature butter and the crushed spinach. I found it easier to crush it when it was frozen. Mix very good.
3. Boil broccoli in a salt water for 3 minutes. Then add on top of the dough.
4. Cut feta into cubes and add on top of the broccoli.
5. Cut the tomatoes into half and add it to the pie
6. Mix the eggs with cream and flour, add salt and pour inside the crust “bowl” I used 3 eggs because they were small eggs 🙂
I will make it again for sure.